Vision and Ethos
Elaine is a values-led school in which staff model the respect for others, self and the school environment that we wish to promote.
Our vision is to transform the future for our children through partnership and collaboration. We aim to create a climate where excellence flourishes as a result of outstanding leadership, engaging teaching and high-quality learning. We place our children at the centre of all we do and strive to empower every child to have self-belief to reach their highest potential.
We are a values-led school and ensure that all of our school work is underpinned by the following values.
We know that providing the best possible start helps to ensure lifelong learning success. This is why we place great emphasis on ensuring that children feel secure and happy from day one. Learning is designed to follow their interests and each transition – from nursery to reception, through infants and into juniors – is carefully planned to ensure a smooth and worry-free progression.
Throughout their time with us, we provide a range of opportunities – including peer mentoring, pupil collaboration for learning projects and a thriving school council – to ensure that pupils are heard and know that their opinions are valued.
We achieve this by:
- Creating a safe and happy environment that inspires curiosity
- Establishing a supportive partnership with parents, carers and governors where we are all responsible for our children's learning
- Working alongside the school community to enhance children’s learning and further develop the school
- Creating inspiring learning opportunities for all children that reflect the diversity, values, cultures, beliefs, abilities and additional needs of children within our community
- Providing a bespoke, broad and balanced curriculum which fosters a love of learning and a curiosity about the world
- Encouraging children to become resilient and compassionate members of society