SUPPORTING INCLUSION AT ELAINE
At Elaine, we welcome everybody into our community. The staff, Governors, pupils and parents work together to make school a happy, welcoming place where all children can achieve their full potential and develop as confident individuals. We provide a learning environment that enables all pupils to make the greatest possible progress and achieve their full potential in a caring, supportive and fully inclusive environment.
Our ethos is that every pupil should be supported to achieve academic, emotional, social and physical developmental success. Our school is committed to removing the barriers to learning and engagement that children may encounter, whether that be a short or long term area of difficulty.
At Elaine Primary School we believe that:
- All children should be valued regardless of their abilities or difficulties
- All children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
- All teachers are teachers of children with SEN
- All children can be enabled to fulfil their potential through effective teaching and learning, supporting and encouraging
- Effective assessment and provision for children with SEN will be secured with partnership with parents/carers, children, the Local Education Authority and any relevant outside agencies.
Our inclusion team consists of:
|Sarah Martin||Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead|
|Sarah Sparkes||Home School Support Worker and Deputy Safeguarding Lead|
|Helen Griffiths||Pastoral Lead|
|Vicky Thompson||Pastoral Mentor|
Medway Local Authority sets out the provisions and services available to Medway families on https://www.medway.gov.uk/localoffe
Please click here to access the School Nurse self-referral.
Please click here to access Medway Early Help referral site.
Below are some online resources aimed at how parents can support children with a variety of difficulties:
Parent guides for supporting children with additional needs at home
Speech and Language