The Government has released a list of online education resources for home education.
Below are some useful websites we have comprised that can be used at home also.
- BBC Bitesize website - daily lessons for homeschooling in Maths and English for every year group, as well as regular lessons in Science, History, Geography and more.
- Oak National Academy website - online classroom and resource hub created by teachers with a range of English, maths and foundation lesson and resources from EYFS - Y6
- Classroom Secrets Kids website - Platform for learning grammar, punctuation, spelling, maths, reading history (years 1-6)
- Doorway online website - Collection of interactive literacy games and numeracy activities
- Emile website - Online program for 4-12 year olds that covers the UK national primary curriculum for numeracy and SPaG with some phonics thrown in (free access currently)
- Pobble 365 website - ‘One picture. One teaching resource. Every day.’
- Robin Hood MAT website - Lots of learning projects for parents and schools (EYFS, KS1, Y3/4, Y5/6). Be sure to read the project overview guides first
- Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust website - Learning projects for schools (EYFS, KS1, Y3/4, Y5/6)
- Teacher’s pet website - Provides thousands of resources for KS1 and KS2
- TTS website - Free home learning activity booklets for Early Years, KS1 and KS2.
- Twinkl website - 500,000+ teacher-created materials and resources
- Eedi website - Craig Barton’s maths resources.
- Oxford Owl website - Free maths games and activities for ages 3-11 (requires sign up for an account)
- Eedi website - Craig Barton’s maths resources
- NRich website - Primary maths activities and games
- Mathsticks website - An online platform for maths games
- Times tables rock stars website - A programme for daily times tables practice. (currently full free access to all schools closed)
- White Rose Maths website - Provides maths lessons for Years 1-8
- The Maths Factor website – Carol Voderman’s maths website where learning is broken down to topics using games
English & Phonics
- Oxford Owl website - Free e-books for ages 3-11 (requires account signup)
- Home Learning Pack #1 Nature and Animals on the Reading Realm website
- Learning Pack #2 Fairy Tales on the Reading Realm website.
- Home Learning Pack #3 Creative Writing Prompts on the Reading Realm website.
- Teach your monster to read website - An award-winning game that makes learning to read fun.
- David Walliams audio books – daily reading by the author David Walliams
- #Savewithstories – Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams offering stories online
- Phonics with Mrs Huxley - Mrs Huxley shares Phase 2 and Phase 3 phonics activities
- Rethinking Education website - Practical ideas for parents to do with their children. Linked to the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6
- That Science Lady website - Lots of resources, including home discussion questions, enquiry questions and careers information
- GrowEatGift website - 30 ways to go wild with science
- Retrieval roulette (via Google drive) - Q&A sheets for Primary Science years 1 to 6
- Cosmic Shambles – Professor Brian Cox with daily science shows
- 30 ways to get creative on the GrowEatGift website (art)
- The History Guy – Dan Snow offering free access to his history documentary channel for 30 days
- iCompute website - Supporting schools with comprehensive computing curricula for pupils aged 3-11 (free access currently)
- Myleene’s Music Klass – Myleene Klass offering free music lessons on YouTub
- Theo Michaels – Former Masterchef star streaming cooking classes
- Jump Start Jonny website - Weekly workouts and activities (a paid site with access to some free activities)
- The Body Coach workout – Jo Wicks daily PE workouts 9am
- Dance with Oti Mabuse - Strictly Come Dancing star shares dancing lessons on YouTube
- DuoLingo - Providing free access so you can learn a language at home